CORONAVIRUS: VISITOR INFORMATION
Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Updates
Current Visitor Policy: Lorien Health Services is restricting visitors and non-essential health care personnel, except for certain compassionate care situations, such as an end-of-life situation on a case to case basis.
Governor’s executive order- Mandatory masking in the community to begin on Saturday, April 18, 2020
Lorien's response to Governor Hogan's Stay at Home Executive Order (3.30.2020): Read Here
A letter from CEO Lou Grimmel, Sr. can be read here offering various creative ideas on how families can connect with our residents (3.23.2020).
FAQS (4.16.20): Click Here
If you have recently visited one of our communities, it is URGENT that you click here.
We encourage you to reach out to us if you have specific questions and/or concerns. Please click here or contact our Compliance Line at 1-855-859-0809.
CDC: Center for Disease Control
ACHA: American Health Care Association
CMS: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Q: What is 2019 Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19?
A: Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that usually cause mild illness, like the common cold. COVID-19 is a new virus within that family, which can cause illness that is more severe than the common cold.
Q: What is the risk to the U.S. public right now?
A: Experts predict that in the coming weeks and months, we can expect to see more cases in the United States and worldwide. “Community” spread is how the common cold and flu is transmitted — meaning people catch it from each other while going about their daily lives. Reported community spread of COVID-19 in parts of the U.S. raises the level of concern about the immediate threat for the affected communities.
Q: How do I prevent myself from becoming infected with COVID-19?
A: Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if you don’t have soap and water
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Encourage others to wash their hands, as well as cover their nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
Additional Resources & Updates:
CDC Coronavirus Information and Prevention Links
- CDC’s Coronavirus Disease Information Page
- Higher Risk Population Preparation
- Hand Washing Hygiene
- Coughing and Sneezing Etiquette
- Coronavirus Rumor Control
- Maryland’s Coronavirus Update Website
- Maryland Department of Health Coronavirus Update Website
- Governor Hogan Announces Ninth Positive Case of COVID-19 in Maryland, Issues New Guidance for Long-Term Care Facilities (March 10, 2020)
- Governor Hogan Signs Emergency Legislation, Announces Coronavirus Response Team (March 9, 2020)
- Office of Legal Counsel Interpretive Guidance (March 23, 2019)
Maryland Department of Health and Maryland Department of Aging resources:
- Short PSAs
- General Prevention: https://youtu.be/nCmYRq_v7Fc
- Health Conditions: https://youtu.be/rx8-NdVEZ70
- Hand Washing: https://youtu.be/qoXvR6lgHks
- Home Sanitation: https://youtu.be/faY_GnPY5gw
- Home Signage: https://youtu.be/ettC_p4SWMc
- Informing Others: https://youtu.be/iumypQfmOFs
- Senior Call Check: https://youtu.be/xBNVyE7cfBo
- Senior Center Closures: https://youtu.be/qDaxxKGCEuo
- Social Distancing: https://youtu.be/sQYHEH_vYkQ
- Stay Informed: https://youtu.be/AZJC1v6bLrs
- Symptoms: https://youtu.be/PSm7N4asmLA
- Visitor Restrictions: https://youtu.be/BbRt9-1t4ks
- Group Dining: https://youtu.be/dzXqUCFmhhc
- Good Health: https://youtu.be/MBexaxvPw-M
- Long PSA and Video Playlist
- WMAR-2 Nursing facilities change policies amidst coronavirus (March 12, 2020)
- McKnight's BREAKING: Feds, providers take ‘unprecedented’ action regarding visitor access at long-term care facilities over COVID-19 fears (March 10, 2020)